Thursday, September 09, 2010

 
Firetruck fantasy - mine goes back to grade school when I would pester my father to stop the car when we passed a junkyard near our home so I could climb over the rusting hulk of a pre-WW2 engine that had belonged to the Boonsboro, Marlyand fire department. I never understood why I couldn't take it home. This one, which would have been shiny and new in those days, was offered at an auction we attended early this summer near Fort Dix, New Jersey. We went to the sale to bid on a tri-axle OTR tractor, but it went for over $50,000 which was more money than I wanted to tie up in a truck. So, I thought about dragging this firetruck home as a consolation prize - I thought restoring it might make a nice hobby for the rest of my life - but I was outbid by a guy who just wanted to part it out.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home