Tuesday, July 27, 2010

 
Auction in Reading late last year - A very old brick structure that, from some of the papers and photos I acquired in the sale, appears to have been a factory producing cranes and hoists a century or so ago. One feature not apparent in any of the photos from that day is that, although parts of the floor were concrete and parts of it brick, a substantial portion had never been paved at all. I hauled so much stuff home from that auction I filled up my van and a trailer borrowed from a neighbor. Besides a huge pile of tools (a dozen ratchet drives and hundreds of sockets, a dozen electric drills, even some antique hand tools), there was one particular surprise - a Rogers silver plate cake server; I can't imagine what that was doing in a Craftsman toolbox.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home