Friday, December 28, 2007

 

Something warm for winter - I recently ran a search of this blog for Eastern Tiger Swallowtail and then looked at my folder of photos of that species and found there were several rather good ones that had not appeared here when they were taken. So, as a winter diversion when new photos of butterflies are not available (unless I lose my senses entirely and head for Florida, the Lower Rio Grande Valley or someplace farther south), I will try every day or so to review a couple of species and post a few that perhaps should not have been overlooked before. Here you see a Meadow Fritillary from over a year ago. Looking at this again I thought the light coming through the wings and the spider web added some interest to a photo that is not particularly useful for noting the finer points of species identification.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home