Saturday, June 16, 2007

 
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail male observed yesterday (Saturday). As I expected, the blooming of the Canadian thistles got some butterflies, especially the larger ones, to sit still long enough to get their pictures taken. Also got some nice shots of Spicebush Swallowtail in the same place and there were lots of Cabbage Whites around. A quarter mile away, with no thistles, I found Cabbage Whites and one fritillary but did not get a good enough photo to see which type, but I am guessing Meadow Fritillary and not Great Spangled). The big disappointment of the day was sighting an azure (probably Spring Azure, I saw them here last year) on my way out the door, but by the time I set down the stuff in my hands and got the camera into position it was heading up, up and away.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home