Wednesday, April 05, 2006


It's not a black helicopter, but it was pretty dark and rather thin on markings - the only marking I could make out was the number 23 on the nose in this shot. After making a couple of passes over the mountain near my house (not much up there except the Lehigh Valley Amateur Astronomy Society observatory and some hiking trails) it went away to the southeast flying directly over my position. This was done with my DSLR on a tripod using a 70-300 zoom lens with a 2x teleconverter. I had to focus manually, so I tried focusing nearer than the subject and waiting for it to come into focus in the viewfinder. This was a trick I learned when I was the photographer for the Monroe Rifles drill team while in Army ROTC at The University.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home